Thursday, March 31, 2011

Reflection

Richard Williams

Flim: Said Things

03/31/2011

Self-critique:

I thought the visions were okay, but the look and sound was so-so. I wished I were able to work my actors and have a crew on this project. I learned I couldn’t wear all the hats in a production piece.

Synopsis:

Said Things is a drama about two African-American brothers’ estrangement due to one brother’s pursuit of higher education, which leads to their final argument. Before the argument occurs, Don goes through an internal thought process of how his older brother will take the news of his departure. Once Don tells his brother, it causes a rift between them but does not prevent Don from carrying through with his plan.

Intent:

The essence of the film, Said Things is what I intent to do in the beginning of the production; however, my original idea was for the movie to be a lot longer. I had lots of trouble explaining my idea on film were my audience would desire watch my film. I hope in the future to find a way to have better relationship with my actor, so my time managing will work with everyone’s schedule.

Theme:

Said Things is a drama about two African-American brothers’ estrangement due to one brother’s pursuit of higher education, which leads to their final argument.

Strengths of the project:

The strength of the projects I believe is some of the dialog in the film.

Problems and what I want to learn to do better:
I had problems finding and keeping actors as well as having a good script that everyone could understand. Also, I had problems with control of shooting the film and sound.

Journal-type notes on your own learning process, discoveries, and frustrations:

I went through long hours of not sleep while looking for a internship, work at Wendy’s, looking for another jobs, managing a one bedroom apartment, and etc. I became frustrated when I felt a sleep in my last class on Tuesday and Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment