Thursday, January 20, 2011

Proposal Shoot Paper_Due 1/20

My Logline:

Said Things is a drama about a young African-American male getting an education and how that affects his relationships with his family.

Short synopsis:

Sad Things is a film about two brothers and the legacy of their last argument. The elder brother, Michael “Mac” McLean,” is murdered soon after the argument, leaving the younger brother, Don McLean, with regrets about things that were said.

Don leaves St. Louis and goes to Memphis to become a dental hygienist (lab tech dentist hygienist). While he’s away, his sister-in-law Janet has been telling his nephews lies about their father. She fears that if she tells them truth they will end-up like their father did, or feel they cannot succeed. Janet is also concerned about her own reputation in the community. The surviving brother wants her to tell the boys, Samuel and Lewis, the truth.

Tone and Execution:

Sad Things is a film about two brothers and the legacy of their last argument. The elder brother, Michael “Mac” McLean,” is murdered soon after the argument, leaving the younger brother, Don McLean, with regrets about things that were said.

Objective:

Target Audience:

My target audience is poverty-stricken high school students interested in higher education.

Positioning:

My goal for the film is to have it seen on You Tube and to enter it in the Angelus Student Film Festival of 2011 or 2012. I desire for the film to promote my directing and story telling skills, so that independent filmmakers would hire me to work with them as a crewmember in Memphis or Saint Louis.

Mandatories:

My list of all assets needed is to look through the main actor’s wardrobe again to find out what is best for the film. As for as the dentist professor, he owns his own dentist jacket. As for as equipment camera, I needed: a camera package, camera and microphone stands, tripod, sound pack, and a light pack. My budget should be at least $100.00 to cover for food and gas money for the actors.

Inventory:

I am the only worker in the producing part of the film, such as being the director, camera crew, videographer, etc. As for as my talents, I have three actors and two actresses. I have most of my film footages completed. The completed scenes are as of 01/18/2011:

· The introduction

· the two brothers last conversation

· both of the sister-in law telephone conversation with her brother –in law (Don),

· a few walking scenes of the main character,

· both of Don and Tanya’s scenes.

To complete my live footage process, I only need two of my actors: my main character Don and the dentistry professor.

Timeline (Completing filming Footage):

For the two poems with Don, I want to record his voice (need sound pack) on Tuesday, January 24, 2010 for turn-around Thursday, January 28, 2010

For the dentistry professor’s scene, I want to film Tuesday, Feb 8, 2010 for turn-around Thursday, Feb 10, 2010

For the five walking scene with Don, I want to film on Tuesday, March 1, 2010 turn-around Thursday, March 3, 2010

For the two phone conversations with Don, I want to film on Tuesday, March 1, 2010 turn-around Thursday, March 3, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment